Re: Code generation problem with optimizations enabled

> What I noticed is that if I CC_STATUS_INIT (in xxx_notice_update_cc()) even for insn that
> do not require it (that are almost all of them - being only cmp/fcmp/test that modify cc0),
> cmpdf gets emitted regularly.

If so, you should not be using cc0, but a CCmode register instead.

See for example how the fr30 port implements compare-and-jump.  I'm
currently committing a merge that changes a bit how the
compare-and-jumps are realized; if you wait a few hours, you'll get a
more up-to-date example.

Paolo