Re: gcc-in-cxx update / multi-targeted gcc

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 12:47:04 Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Something which I miss in C++ is a way to declare that a function uses
> an integral type to pass an enum value (in arguments or return value),
> and then at function definition time only check that the integral type
> is sufficently large to hold the enum, and then for type checking purposes
> treat the parameter / return value as if it had been declared as this enum.

This is exactly N2764, which should be part of C++0x --- at least it seems to
be in the draft around p.149. But not part of gcc 4.4. unfortunately.

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2008/n2764.pdf
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html

--
Kind regards, Esben