Re: -O3 and new optimizations in 4.4.0

Sebastian Pop wrote:

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 08:12, Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> wrote:
What would we have to do to make PPL and CLooG required to build GCC?
Why would that be desirable? Seems to me the current situation is
clearly preferable.

To enable loop transforms in -O3.

Note that loop optimizations like vectorization were only enabled after a cost analysis was in place that assured us (on average) that only beneficial optimizations would be attempted.

Is that true for the loop transformations enabled by these optimizations as well ?

Kind regards,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/