Re: operator=() issue

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 05:28:50PM -0700, Arthur Schwarz wrote:

> You understood me correctly. My (mis?)understanding comes from:
>
>   The Complete Reference,Fourth Edition
>   Herbert Schildt
>   Copyright 2003
>   ISBN 0-07-222680-3

gcc doesn't implement Schildt's book, it aims to implement the C++
standard.  If your description is correct, Schildt got it wrong,
but I'd want to see the exact example before accusing Schildt of
making an error.

Private inheritance will never allow a use that public inheritance
will not allow; a derived class can never access the private members
of the class it derives from.