Re: Testing patch to make FDO profile data tolerate more source changes

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 13:53 -0700, Neil Vachharajani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a patch which makes FDO profile data more robust to
> source changes.  Before I sent the patch to the list for review, I was
> wondering how to write a test for this situation.  In particular, what
> I would like to have is two source files which are similar but not the
> same.  The first should be compiled and run to generate profile data,
> and the generated .gcda file should be used to compile the second
> file.  I wasn't quite sure how to do this within the DejaGNU framework
> and was wondering if anyone had some pointers.

Existing FDO tests use lib/profopt.exp via g++.dg/bprob/bprob.exp
and gcc.misc-tests/bprob.exp.  You can copy those .exp files to
variants that use different versions of the source file for the
two compiles.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Janis