Re: Linking libgfortran with libiberty

Richard,

On 29 Mar 2009, at 12:08, Richard Guenther wrote:

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM, FX <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

This mail is a request for some help from our local build machinery
experts... We have a patch under testing for libgfortran to add runtime
memleaks checking, and it uses libiberty's hash tables. So, we now link
gfortran programs with libiberty.

What do you mean by this? Linking libiberty to programs build with gfortran? Note that libiberty is not installed by default IIRC.

That might be the intention - but (at least on OSX/Darwin) libiberty.a is installed, see also this thread for some elaboration on different permutations:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2008-06/msg00009.html

(I just built & installed from trunk on darwin9 and it is still the case that "make install" does this).

Iain