Getting variable attribute from rtx

I need to add support for some custom attributes that I need to know during
operand matching.  I have no problem adding the attributes, but I don't know
what to do so that I can access the information later.  My function that is
called to handle the attribute looks like this:

static tree
attr_myattr_handler(tree *node, tree name, tree args, int flags,
                 bool *no_add_attrs) {
  /* What should I do here */
}

In the source code:

int __attribute__((__myattr__)) a;

When 'a' is being matched as an operand to, say, 'addsi3', I would like to
be able to check the rtx to see if that attribute was set with a function
like this:

int
myattr_operand (op, mode)
     rtx op;
     enum machine_mode mode;
{
  /* What do I need here */
}

Thanks for the help.  Sorry, if this is simple, I'm a bit of a noob in this
area.