Re: GCC 4.4.0 Status Report (2009-03-13)

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, NightStrike wrote:

> Stage 3 is bug fix only, so I'm not sure if you agree with me or
> not....  I was advocating that we take the time to fix more bugs that
> are new for 4.4 and so aren't regressions.  We have several that are
> in the win64 port that we will have to support for a while in our
> first official release.

Maintainers of components of the compiler retain their usual discretion to
decide which changes to the areas they maintain are safe at a particular
development stage - bearing in mind the responsibility of everyone
concerned not to delay the branch or the start of Stage 1 unduly by making
changes causing P1 regressions.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com