Re: OpenMP to GPGPU langauges

Hi,

> ? I would like to do backend work to convert OpenMP to GPGPU
> langauages(Brook+).

I'm not sure this would be best suited for backend work. The OpenMP
pragma expansion is done very early and the decision to offload parts
of the computation to the GPGPU would probably need to be taken before
the expansion happens.

> ? could you please send me pointers to documents which explains the source
> code details for OpenMP backend code generation?

AFAIK there is no specific backend code generation for OpenMP, nor the
possibility to  compile for both the CPU and GPGPU in one go.
If you want to take a look at the OpenMP code generation, the best way
is to take a look at the code in gcc/omp-low.c

> ? As side point, I am very new to GCC development.

Welcome then :)
Antoniu