This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Revision 144098 (d.d. Wed Feb 11 08:56:41 2009 UTC (4 weeks ago)) is not a regression bug fix.
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:33:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: Revision 144098 (d.d. Wed Feb 11 08:56:41 2009 UTC (4 weeks ago)) is not a regression bug fix.
- References: <49B832FA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49B8BBF1.email@example.com>
> In addition, all but one of the fixes that H.J. made (and for which I
> have to thank him) were unrecognizable insns due to a misunderstanding
> of how peephole2 worked
I stand corrected; *all* of the fixes. The patch hadn't had a
correctness problem until your message, "only" ice-on-valids. This does
not make the patch better, but I like to set things straight.