This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
cond-optab patch series
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:39:42 +0100
- Subject: cond-optab patch series
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi, I'll be posting soon a series of patches labeled [cond-optab].
The aim of the series is to have all ports use cbranch+cstore+cmov
optabs instead of cmp/bcc/scc/movcc. As a starter, the first patches
I'll post will be cleaning up and centralizing the generation of cmp,
scc and bcc opcodes.
The reasons are as follows:
1) more maintainability, less code duplication.? The preliminary
series I'll send remove 2 lines for each added line
2) more flexibility in RTL generation of jumps.? As a result...
3) less md-code, more machine independent code. ability to make all
the branch selection code written for i386 work on ARM and SPARC too.
Unless there is demand, I don't plan to put this on a branch.? Reviews
and bootstraps are welcome though.