This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pr39339 - invalid testcase or SRA bug?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Hariharan Sandanagobalane <hariharans at picochip dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:58:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: pr39339 - invalid testcase or SRA bug?
- References: <49B66EAB.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:44:11PM +0000, Hariharan Sandanagobalane wrote:
> Since r144598, pr39339.c has been failing on picochip. On investigation,
> it looks to me that the testcase is illegal.
> Relevant source code:
> struct C
> unsigned int c;
> struct D
> unsigned int columns : 4;
> unsigned int fore : 9;
> unsigned int back : 9;
As the testcase fails with buggy (pre r144598) gcc and succeeds after even
> unsigned int fore : 12;
> unsigned int back : 6;
instead of :9, :9, I think we could change it (does it succeed on picochip
then)? Or move to gcc.dg/torture/ and run only on int32plus targets.
Or add if (sizeof (int) != 4 || sizeof (struct D) != 4) return 0
to the beginning of main.