This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The gcc-in-cxx branch now completes bootstrap
- From: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:20:11 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: The gcc-in-cxx branch now completes bootstrap
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I'm happy to report that the gcc-in-cxx branch can now bootstrap. That
> is, the code in gcc proper can now be compiled with a C++ compiler.
Great work, thanks!
I'm curious whether there are any detectable differences in the resulting
compiler when built with g++ rather than gcc. E.g. testsuite regressions,
changes in the speed or size of cc1, etc. Also, is cc1 linked with
libstdc++.so ? Stuff like that.
Would you please consider checking this?
Kaveh R. Ghazi email@example.com