Re: GCC 4.3.X libgomp

Hello Takis,

* Takis Psarogiannakopoulos wrote on Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 07:28:53PM CET:
> Seems that libgomp is part of GCC and not a separate project right?
> So i am posting this here.
> I have a new target for this library that I want to add. Hence I am
> modifying configure.tgt, source files etc and also adding some new
> threads stuff on the configure.ac However when I recreate the configure
> with autoconf either the original version 2.59 or 2.63 and it runs
> during the bootstrap the resulting gcc-x.x.x/target-dir/libgomp/Makefile fails.
> Seems like some macros are missing? (.m4 files)

If you are rerunning things manually, in libgomp you need to use
  aclocal -I .. -I ../config
  autoconf
  automake

and within the GCC tree, you currently *have* to use exactly Autoconf
2.59 and Automake 1.9.6.

> Personaly I think autoconf 2.63 is one of the most stable autoconfs after
> the 2.1x branch [...]

I have patches to update most of the GCC tree to current autotools,
but that is 4.5 material.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf