Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Generic Data Flow Analyzer for GCC

I am no expert in this area, so please consider that I may be
misunderstanding something.

This seems a data flow analyzer for GIMPLE. So the analysis results
can be used by the FE, am I wrong?

Could it be used to propagate constant values? What about VRP in the FE?

What is the overhead involved?

I ask because I know that Clang performs data flow analysis in the FE
to provide better warnings, and Chris Lattner said that the overhead
of doing this was very low.

Cheers,

Manuel.