Re: ASM_SPECS on recent GCC 4.3.3 (4.X)

Takis Psarogiannakopoulos wrote:

>> I think there's some confusion here.  There is no relationship between
>> the ASM_SPEC definition in a config *.h file regarding options to be
>> passed to the assembler and the old "asmspec" parameter to
>> rest_of_decl_compilation, which related to uses of the "__asm__(...)"
>> extension in the source code.
>>
> Are you sure about that?

Yes.

> ASM_SPECS were always custom extra command line commands to be been passed
> to the assembler right? So re-stating my question:
> 1) the old way to do that (3.4.X branch ASM_SPEC) doesnt seem to work
> anymore
> 2) How do you do it in the 4.X.X branch...

The same basic mechanisms will work.  Probably something is #undef'ing
the macro after you define it, or you are confused about which header
files are being used in your configuration.  You will have to get out
the debugger and preprocessor to work out what's going on.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery