ASM_SPECS on recent GCC 4.3.3 (4.X)

Hello,
I want to build 4.3.3 on an SVR4 (obviously port is required as its not a
std target) but I have stumble on the following issue regarding ASM_SPEC
extra switches:

On the host's (*.h) file in gcc/config we define

#undef  ASM_SPEC
#define ASM_SPEC " \
%{mno-legend:-Wc,off} \
%{g:%{!mno-legend:-Wc,-fix-bb,-s\"%i\" \
%{traditional:,-lc}%{!traditional:,-lansi-c} \
%{mstandard:,-keep-std} \
%{mexternal-legend:,-external}} \
%{mno-legend: -Wc,off}}"

These are switches they should be passed to the native assembler. Eg
wihtout -Wc,off (aka -mno-legend switch on the cc1) the compiler
cannot produce executables. (The native assembler will complain)

Seems that on the latest GCC 4.3.x tree the argumnet asmspecs has
been dropped from the function rest_of_decl_compilation in gcc/toplev.c
(see also make_decl_rtl procedure).
Hence even if ASM_SPEC is clearly "custom defined" on the gcc/config/.h
file still it is completely ignored with result that the bootstaped resulting
cc1 stil complains that it doesnt know what -mno-legend is and aborts
any further compilition.
Am I missing something here? Is there is another define I can use in .h
file that would pass the new (extra) switches I want to the newly build
cc1 4.3.x ?
If not I am not sure why you made these cahnges. ASM_SPEC was always
there so we can customize the build (as with LINK command etc) , so why
now its droppped? As far I am aware still ASM_SPEC stuff exist for OS's on
gcc/config and gcc/config/i386 *.h files even on 4.3.x branch

Regards,