Re: GCC at Google Summer of Code'2009

2009/2/26 Grigori Fursin <grigori.fursin@inria.fr>:
> Hi Manuel,

> I have been talking to a few mentors and students (not GCC related)
> who got their proposals accepted in the last year's Google Summer of Code
> and they basically told me that the mentors listed many different proposals
> so that students could have a choice and then they submitted proposals
> together. But maybe it was the wrong way to do :( ...

You got it right but this is not what it looked like when you wrote a
table called "2009 Proposals" with a blank column "Students?"
separated from a section called "Project Ideas".

Also, as I said, if you want students to contact you (or someone)
directly, then you should give contact information. I think having
contact information (obfuscated email, link to wiki user page, IRC
name at #gcc, whatever) could be very useful to track who proposed
what. That is why I did not delete it.

> So, my idea was to sync on the potential proposals with GCC community
> so that students could have a choice. So, I converted the table to the bullet
> list format ...

This is perfectly fine. The only problem is that there were already
proposals in that page.

Table or bullet points, I do not care, but both things are a bit
confusing. Nonetheless, there could be a list/table of specific
projects and another list/table of "general" ideas. I think it would
be useful to separate the two, if you wish to do so.

Cheers,

Manuel.