[plugins] Comparison of plugin mechanisms

Dear all,

Zbigniew and I prepared a page on GCC Wiki comparing several current plugin
mechanisms (some parts should be updated) with some suggestions to move forward:
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCC_PluginComparison
In case we mixed up or misunderstood something about other plugin
efforts, update this page, please ...

Basically, we currently see 3 complementary categories of GCC plugins, depending
on the nature of the extension: production, experimentation/research, and new pass
integration. Each category naturally calls for slightly different API features.

Considering that there are already communities behind "production" and "experimental" plugins,
we think that it would be better to merge two. We will try to prepare a small patch to support
"experimental" plugins by the beginning of next week. In the mean time, would like to know your
thoughts on that matter and how should we proceed forward !..

Cheers,
Grigori & Zbigniew