Re: New Failure in GCC testsuite from PR35318

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 01:49:54PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
>   You recently added gcc.c-torture/compile/pr35318.c to the gcc
>   testsuite.  This has introduced a new group of failures for the m32c
>   port because of this error message:
>
>     pr35318.c: In function 'foo':
>     pr35318.c:7: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
>     pr35318.c:7: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
>
>   Looking at the test it appears to assume that a double can be put
>   into register class "r", but this is not true for the m32c (and
>   probably other 16-bit ports as well), since doubles occupy two
>   registers.
>
>   I can add an xfail for the m32c, but I was wondering if it would
>   break the importance of the test if the "double" type was changed to
>   "float" ?  This would allow the test to pass for the m32c as well.

The test needs double, otherwise it wouldn't fail with a buggy cc1 on i?86.
I've been initially contemplating putting the testcase into
gcc.target/i386/, but then thought it would be good to test this on a couple
of other arches too.  Guess it can be limited to a couple of targets which
are supposed to handle this, or it can have a list of targets which aren't
supposed to compile this.

	Jakub