Re: GCC 4.3.3 Released

Dennis Clarke:
[ Charset ISO-8859-1 converted... ]

> >> I can probably help you with the Sparc64 requirement. To be precise, do
> >> you need Sun UltraSparc or are you looking for the multicore SPARC64
> >> processor which is a ( slightly ) different beast?
> >
> > Thanks for your offer.
> >
> > I do have access to a sparc64, in fact it's the same machine that I used
> > for the sparc (32 bits) report in the farm, but it is down since since
> > morning and will probably be up again in the next few days.
>
> I am always a very careful with the 32-bit Sparc build because I often end
> up with a 32-bit gcc but the ABI says SPARC V8PLUS or some such.
>
> Thus I use a genuine old old Sparc to build GCC with.

A 64-bit build would require a cross compilation, or perhaps I missed
something?  I need to tell gmp's ./configure that --build=sparc first, due
to the old old 32-bit bundled compiler, and also --disable-multilib to
build GCC.

On an (possibly) off-topic note, it seems that gmp requires GNU ld, but GCC
needs the native ld.  I haven't ben able to pin down where in the build
process that the libs and the compiler suddenly require the 32-bitness.

This on a sparc64 with a new install of Solaris10 (seems yet to
require /usr/bin/ksh as the login shell and the addition of GNU sed).

--
Ctalk Home Page: http://www.ctalklang.org