Re: GCC Plug-in Framework ready to port

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Diego Novillo wrote:

> > As for installation directories, I've already noted that plugins should be
> > installed under libsubdir or libexecsubdir since they will depend on both
> > the target and version of GCC.
>
> Agreed.  We'll also need some convention for the API header files.

Those will also depend on both target and version; somewhere under
libsubdir also probably works for them (the configure macros provided by
GCC for plugin writers can deal with finding them for users).  They'll
also need to include some generated files (for example, plugins are bound
to need to know the configured HOST_WIDE_INT, which depends on
NEED_64BIT_HOST_WIDE_INT, even if anyone manages to separate cleanly those
cases that are about the host from those relating more to the target).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com