Re: gcc-4.3.3 bootstrap fails on old Sun Sparc

> Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:
>
>> Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org> writes:
>>
>> > One of the things I have had no joy with is figuring out how to
>> > include the ada component but that is a battle for another day.
>>
>> To build ada you need a good ada compiler to start with.  If you don't
>> have one natively you need to build a cross compiler on a system that
>> has one and then build the native ada compiler with this cross
>> compiler.  Then you can rebootstrap with ada enabled.
>
> Probably lots of hassle.  If needed, I can provide bootstrap GNAT for both
> Solaris/SPARC and x86, since I (sort of) regularly test on both platforms
> with Ada included.
>
> 	Rainer

Dear Sir :

    Would there be any way that I could invite you into the community
build farm at Blastwave.org for this purpose ? I think it would be
great if we could get a GCC package built ( with ada ) that passes a
set of QC/QA steps and then release it to the Solaris world. Clearly
I'll need a bit of help with the ada portion.

    All I would need is a public key from you and then you could ssh in
through the gateway and into the server farm on any architecture or OS
level that you want. This is something that Blastwave does for
community open source people for years and it works rather well.

Dennis