Re: Request for testing/help for the LTO branch

Rafael Espindola writes:

> > Any chance that it works on non-GNU/Linux ELF targets (like Solaris, IRIX)?
>
> We need ELF for storing the IL files. In theory that is only a
> container format and you could crate a plugin for the IRIX linker to
> read it.

I suppose you mis-parsed my question: Solaris and IRIX *are* ELF targets
(just not Linux, so using the system linker, not GNU ld).  If I understand
you correctly, they might just work (modulo bugs)?

The only other target of interest to me is Tru64 UNIX, which uses ECOFF,
not ELF.  I don't know if that format is extensible enough to store the IL,
but investigating that is low priority for me.

Thanks.
	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University