Re: gcc-4.3.3 bootstrap fails on old Sun Sparc

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 04:53:09PM -0800, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>
>> This is on an old Sun Sparc machine running Solaris 8.
>>
>> I had CFLAGS set thus :
>>
>> $ echo $CFLAGS
>> -mcpu=v7 -m32 -mno-app-regs -pthreads
>
> That's your problem.  Try again without this setting.
>
>> Shortly into what looks like phase 2 I see the process fails thus :
>
>> xgcc: may not use both -m32 and -m64
>
> It blew up when trying to build 64-bit code, when you'd set CFLAGS
> to -m32.

First ... thank you for the reply. I know that you do a great deal of work
with GCC on Solaris and Sparc and I compare my testsuite data to your
reports at every opportunity. That sort of makes your results my
benchmark.

Now, the issue is that I don't want 64-bit code. At all. Period.

This is old 32-bit Sparc so I don't think 64-bit code will serve any
purpose here.

Am I wallowing in ignorance and missing something obvious? Please feel
free to hit me with a brick if that is the case :-)

Dennis