Re: C integrated RPC

andrew babanin <ababanin@gmail.com> writes:

> In attach you can find example program,
> client and server side. And doc for the system as README file.
> The newest version of the sources can be downloaded from
> crpc at sf dot net.

Thanks.  This does seem useful for some people.  I would be interested
in hearing thoughts from other gcc maintainers.

You say that the compiler is a wrapper around gcc, and there are
various other tools as well.  I don't see any reason that those other
tools should be packaged with gcc; gcc is only a compiler, and people
who need other tools can find them.  What support needs to be in gcc
proper?

You mention that this works for GNU/Linux and FreeBSD, but of course
gcc works for many more systems, including Windows and various
embedded systems.  You say it needs only libc, but of course it needs
more than the ISO C library functions.  Is the code written in a way
that makes it easy to port to other systems?

Ian