RE: Feature request concerning opcodes in the function prolog

> Have you thought about making .s an assembler command-line flag, so
> that
> this flag could be passed automatically by the compiler under mingw?
Yes.

For my purposes it is not really suitable, because we have to make sure that
the push %ebp and mov %esp, %ebp are there, no matter what the compiler
arguments are(-fomit-frame-pointer). So just adding the mov %edi, %edi isn't
enough, and while I'm at it I can add the .s to the insns anyway. (see the
archives for more details)

However, an assembler command line flag and gcc setting it for msvc_prologue
aren't mutually exclusive, so if mingw needs it it could be done anyway.