Re: Official GCC git repository

> Uhm, it does here (I don't have a GCC repo, it's another one):

I think the problem is that the GCC repo is set up in some unusual way.

> $ git branch -r
>  mirror/cpp
>  mirror/exc-handling-alternate-fix
>  mirror/filesystem
>  mirror/ipv6
>  mirror/magritte
>  mirror/master
>  mirror/omnibrowser
>  mirror/opengl
>  mirror/opengl-nurbs
>  mirror/poll-for-win32
>  mirror/pool-resolution
>  mirror/roe
>  mirror/sdl
>  mirror/seaside
>  mirror/stable-2.1
>  mirror/stable-2.2
>  mirror/stable-2.3
>  mirror/stable-3.0
>  origin/HEAD
>  origin/master
>  origin/stable-2.1
>  origin/stable-2.2
>  origin/stable-2.3
>  origin/stable-3.0
>  stephen/master
>  stephen/pool-resolution
>  stephen/stable-3.0
>
> You can see that it also lists branches for different remotes (with
> distributed version control you need many of them, maybe one per
> contributor).
>
> Have you tried (after changing the .git/config line for
> remote.origin.fetch) doing a "git fetch origin" to refresh the list of
> available branches for the origin remote?  If it works now, you probably
> want to remove the files in .git/refs/remotes/*.

I need a new "git clone" just to be sure. It has the line you
suggested. I am using

	fetch = +refs/remotes/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

for now.

A small manual edit for each new branch is not too much work.

> Paolo

Cheers,
--
Rafael Avila de Espindola

Google | Gordon House | Barrow Street | Dublin 4 | Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047