Re: Experimental C++0x Language Support: new for loop?

wrote:

> > I'm looking at the "C++0x Language Support in GCC" page
> > (http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html) with anticipation.  One
> > thing I *don't* see listed at all is status for the new for-loop
> > (paper N2778 I believe).  Is this an oversight?
>
> Presumably.
>
> > (I love Boost's FOREACH macro, it's a wonder of metaprogramming,
> > but I'm still looking forward to dumping it in favor of the
> > language-supported equivalent.)
>
> conceptgcc has it, and it does indeed depend on concepts, so
> mainline g++ might not get the new for syntax for some while.

  Ah, thanks very much.

> It would be possible to fake it to some extent before concepts are
> supported in mainline g++, but I'm not sure if that's worth the
> trouble.

  I'm inclined to agree, although with auto variables (to be present
  in 4.4 IIRC), a reasonable facsimilie might not be too hard to cook
  up.

  Anyway, thanks very much for the info.  Looking forward to 4.4.

--
Dave Steffen, Software Engineer, Numerica Corporation <www.numerica.us>