Re: Machine Dependent Reorganization Question

"Balaji V. Iyer" <bviyer@ncsu.edu> writes:

> 1) Is the machine dependent reorganization phase occuring after or
> before the register allocation phase?

After.  See passes.c.

> 2) Also, is it possible for me to add my own "demands"  (or suggestions)
> into the register allocator?

It really depends on what you mean.  There are command line options
like -ffixed-REG.  If you edit the CPU.md file you can specify
register classes for particular insns.  If you want to rewrite the
instruction stream you can do your own register allocation by
replacing some pseudo-regs with hard regs.

Ian