Re: apply maintainer?

"Eric Fisher" <joefoxreal@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone could tell how to be a gcc maintainer? Is there any
> requirement? Actually, my previous work are all not based on the gcc
> trunk. So no patch submitted. Anyway, it's cool to contribute :-)

The usual procedure is to write a bunch of good patches which are
accepted, and thereby demonstrate your thorough understanding of some
part of gcc.  In general maintainers are invited by the steering
committee, though it is appropriate to nominate or self-nominate for
specific OS and CPU ports.

Ian