Register Allocation Question.

Hello Everyone,
    I have a question regarding the register allocation steps in GCC. I
am creating an hypothetical example to make things easy.

    My processor has 2 set of register fiels with 1-16 in Class1 and
16-32 in class 2

    Let's say I have an RTL X with destination register R1, But if I
want to schedule this RTL to Class2.  What can I do? I see that GCC
doesn't change the register number if it already holds a hard-register.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Please CC me in your response since I am not a subscribed member.

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.
--

Balaji V. Iyer