Re: Copyright notices during assignment limbo

Joern Rennecke wrote:
For code that we have written, what should the copyright notices read
during the period where we have given the FSF a copyright assignemnt,
but they haven't yet acknowledged that it is on file?
Obviously when we wrote the code, we've put our own copyright notices on it
because we need to have a copyright in it before we can assign it to
someone else.  Eventually, for the code that we have assigned, they should be
changed to say Copyright FSF.
But at what point in time should the Copyright notices actually be changed?

IANAL, but...

It cannot be committed to GCC until it contains an FSF copyright
notice.  Before it is committed it is your code, do whatever you want.

David Daney