This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: build system: gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp and NATIVE_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR
- From: Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd dot de>
- To: Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge at gnu dot org>
- Cc: jakub at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bug-hurd at gnu dot org, debian-bsd at lists dot debian dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:42:32 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: build system: gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp and NATIVE_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR
- References: <20081008095357.GH7127@fencepost.gnu.org>
Thomas Schwinge dixit:
>First, the check for gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp is not complete, as has
>already pointed out (with patches!) before, but is still not fixed on
>trunk. Let me revisit that: in configure.ac it is being checked for
>``case "$target" in *-*-linux*)'' which should rather match ``*-*-linux*
>| *-*-*-gnu* | *-*-gnu*'' to catch all GNU/Linux, GNU/Hurd, GNU/k*BSD
FWIW, DragonFly, MirBSD and OpenBSD (at least) also provide the SSP
functions in their respective C libraries.
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant
detail in the program, which is as sensible as putting all the prepositions
in English text in bold font. -- Rob Pike in "Notes on Programming in C"