virtual registers in ASM

Hi,

Is there a way to order the compiler to output only virtual registers within the assembly code ? (pointers to GCC code sections in back-end or in MD files are welcome) Hence the result assembly code would not have a conventional register allocation. It would be using an unlimited number of registers instead. I am doing such experiments on the Alpha architecture. Btw, I am not talking here about the flag for dumping the .vregs RTL-based file.

Thanks