Re: Please, do not use the merged revisions log as the commit message when merging

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:

> Well, that is a property change and it is surprising that the log
> shows the diff of the change. Normally logs only show what has been
> changed but not the diff. Neither John, nor I expected this behaviour.

Changes to *revision* properties deliberately show the diff because
revision properties are not versioned so sending the diff to gcc-cvs
provides the only audit trail for such changes in case mistakes are made.
However, this case illustrates that such diffs should only go to gcc-cvs
and not be used to extract PR numbers for gcc-bugzilla.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com