Re: IRA performance regressions on PPC

"H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov@redhat.com> wrote:
>> 1-3 days usually because gcc community and RA reviewers are very responsive.
>>  So I don't see a big difference in using ira-merge and trunk.  I'd only
>> recommend to apply patch
>>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-09/msg00427.html
>>
>> first because it is critical for performance but I don't know when it will
>> be approved.
>>

> I checked this patch into ira-merge branch.

Hmm.  Is that really a good idea?  I think pretty much everyone
is agreed that this patch shouldn't be applied to mainline in
its current form (that is, without any insight into why the patch
has such an effect on performance).  And I'd got the impression the
purpose of the branch was to hold patches that are fit for mainline.

(Hey, has anyone ever had to argue so hard _against_ getting
one of their patches applied? ;))

Richard