Re: IRA copy heuristics

Richard Sandiford wrote:
"H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> writes:
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Richard Sandiford
<rdsandiford@googlemail.com> wrote:
"H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> writes:
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov@redhat.com> wrote:
If using DF seems like the Right Thing, we could simply apply both
patches, which would give a similar same allocno order to the one
we have now.  But it seemed better to look a bit deeper first...

Richard, please apply the both patches.  As I wrote above there is no
SPECFP regression anymore with the patches.  They also solves some
testsuite regressions concerning EH.

Hi Richard,

Could you please apply your use DF patch? It fixes EH regressions
as well as 434.zeusmp in SPEC CPU 2006?
As I said yesterday, I'm reluctant to apply the first patch,
because without further analysis, there's a danger it's just
papering over a deeper problem.
I understand. That is why I only asked for your use DF patch.

Doh! Sorry about that. I didn't read closely enough.

I'm happy to apply the DF patch in isolation if that's OK with Vlad.

It is ok for me. Please, submit the first patch.