Re: About the "Build status for GCC 4.3" page

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 10:11 -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 10:04:05PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> >> I really do value the build status reports submitted by
> >> others and I go searching for a few results in particular.
> >> People like Joe Buck can be relied upon to post good looking
> >> results for Solaris and thus I need to be able to find those
> >> results easily.
> >
> > Actually, I used to have access to a much greater variety of
> > obscure machines, so I could put together a number of interesting
> > reports, but those old oddball systems have gone away, and I've
> > fallen behind on that kind of testing.  I'll see if I can do a
> > few more.
>
> I think your work with Solaris is great and I use testsuite results from
> you as a reference standard check.
>
> As for obscure .. I still have a running Sparc 20 here and from time to
> time I'll use it for building a software package. That pretty much assures
> me that the package will run on anything from 1994 upwards with Solaris 8
> or higher.
>
> >> Is there a way perhaps to update this page automagically? Maybe even a
> >> web
> >> based submission form with a a backend MySQL database ? I am thinking
> >> that
> >> we could drum up something to make the test results more readily
> >> available.
> >
> > We usually need a human in the loop to do quality control.
>
> Ah yes .. I forgot about the world wide spam web.

That human is me, and I'm once again behind on almost everything.
I'll try to get to that soon.  Thanks for the reminder that the
results are useful.

By the way, I could be talked into handing over this responsibility
to someone else willing to do it.

Janis