Re: Better GCC diagnostics

Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
Again, my point is that even if GNAT has all these features already,
GNAT should be interested in this since it means moving stuff out of
libcpp which will allow to break that dependency. C/C++ could very
well implement caret diagnostics and everything else within libcpp, so
the dependency of GNAT with libcpp would be actually harder to break.
My fear is that if the other FEs do not care about this issue "because
we have it already", then this is exactly what will happen.

Fortran is probably an example of don't care: Fortran already uses caret diagnostics, but it depends also on libcpp as several Fortran programs require CPP preprocessing.

Tobias