Re: Recent libstdc++ regression on i686-linux: abi/cxx_runtime_only_linkage.cc

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Anwyay, one way or the other, l porpose for now let's just support the new facility only for targets providing the sync builtins and be done with it. Agreed?
I have no objection to doing that in principle, but it basically means programming effort in order to remove something, which I'm not happy about.

Hmm ... we'd have to drop eh_ptr.cc and exception_ptr.h completely for that mode, and modify eh_throw.cc so that the cleanup function doesn't use the reference counting. I think we can leave the other modifications in; they don't affect the handling.

What macro do I switch on? _GLIBCXX_ATOMIC_BUILTINS_4?

Sebastian