This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
libstdc++, gdb and darwin
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:46:51 -0400
- Subject: libstdc++, gdb and darwin
Does anyone know why gdb appears to be unable to find the debug information
for libstdc++ in gcc 4.3 and gcc trunk on darwin9? This has been reported before
Under current gcc trunk, using Apple's current Xcode 3.1's gdb reports the
errors of the form...
warning: Could not find object file
- no debug information available for
when I try to run a binary linked to libstdc++ in gdb. My gcc build directory doesn't
have a libstdc++.lax directory left in it. Is this a flaw in the .la files for gcc?
Thanks in advance for any advice. I am trying to puzzle out if this is a gcc bug or
a gdb bug so that I can file a radar report against gdb if it is the later.