Re: lto gimple types and debug info

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Chris Lattner wrote:

> >the frontends, but can concentrate on what is useful and needed for the
> >middle-end right now.
>
> Sure, this makes plenty of sense to me (and sounds very *very*
> familiar).  Do you intend to include things like TBAA in the initial
> type system?

I sure hope so.

> That is one example of extremely important information which requires
> pulling in almost the entire source type system.

But not all the trees implementing those types (and all the
cross-references between those, that are important for parsing but not
interesting at all for the middle-end).  All you need is a tag (alias set
number) per type and a graph giving the conflicts between those tags.

Ciao,
Michael.