Re: gcc will become the best optimizing x86 compiler

Raksit Ashok wrote:
>There is a more optimized version for 64-bit:
>http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/lib/libc/amd64/gen/memcpy.s
>I think this looks similar to your implementation, Agner.

Yes it is similar to my code.

Gnu libc could borrow a lot of optimized functions from Opensolaris and Mac and other open source projects. They look better than Gnu libc, but there is still room for improvement. For example, Opensolaris does not use XMM registers for strlen, although this is simpler than using general purpose registers (see my code www.agner.org/optimize/asmlib.zip)