collect2: ld returned 12 exit status

Hi,
I'm trying to compile and link a product that was already compiled and
linked successfully before, on AIX5.3 with gcc3.4.6, but I got the
following link err:
"collect2: ld returned 12 exit status"

Pls note that this happens to me only when not using  the strip flag
(-s) since I need the symbols for debugging...
=> I can link only the release version.

I didn't see any memory/space problem on my machine, but I'm whilling
to try evrything you suggest, since I'm stuck with this problem for
too long.

thank,
Pls send you respose ALSO to the following email address: shlomym@cyber-ark.com