This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] multilib first patch
- From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>, Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:36:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Ada] multilib first patch
- References: <1216584523.18723.1218.camel@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: laurent at guerby dot net
On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 06:36 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > To build and be later able to install more than one version of the ada
> > library we need to change (at least) this assumption in some way
> > and keep more than one library build result around.
> The best way would be to bite the bullet, and move the RTS for real to
> libada (instead of having libada as a proxy). The fact that the
> compiler needs it is not a problem, you just need to make gnat depend on
> a host libada.
> However, this is not a small change.
Indeed this is more ambitious that what I have in mind for now.
I'm thinking of passing MULTISUBDIR and use it to save
build/gcc/ada/rts somewhere safe.