This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] multilib first patch
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>, Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 06:36:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Ada] multilib first patch
- References: <1216584523.18723.1218.camel@localhost>
To build and be later able to install more than one version of the ada
library we need to change (at least) this assumption in some way
and keep more than one library build result around.
The best way would be to bite the bullet, and move the RTS for real to
libada (instead of having libada as a proxy). The fact that the
compiler needs it is not a problem, you just need to make gnat depend on
a host libada.
However, this is not a small change.