Re: New branch for STL Advisor

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Also, maybe it's just me, but the specific advantages over normal profiling / existing tools, don't seem completely obvious, I'd like to see that point discussed in better detail...

Paolo.

The effect of our instrumentation is a meaningful trace of the behavior of containers, algorithms and iterators, and their interaction. This abstraction level is above what normal profiling tools can offer. If we used normal profiling tools, we would have to reverse engineer the trace to get to this level of abstraction. Let me know if you want me to go into more detail.

Silvius