Re: [whopr] Design/implementation alternatives for the driver and WPA

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 09:48:11PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> * The linker does normally copy unrecognized sections with the
>   SHF_ALLOC bit clear to the output file.  It doesn't allocate address
>   space for them, but it does copy them.  I think this follows the ELF
>   ABI.  I don't know of any generic way to direct the linker to not
>   copy sections to the output file.

Didn't someone say on the gABI list recently that they had a bit for
this?  Ah, H. J. proposed it and Rod Evans from Sun said they already
had an SHF_EXCLUDE:

http://groups.google.com/group/generic-abi/browse_thread/thread/5cf669951cb2eef1

--
Daniel Jacobowitz