Re: how can I contribute ?

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 03:36, Fabien Chêne <fabien.chene@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I process ? Do I need GNU copyright assignment ? Do I
> need SVN right access after approval ? Otherwise, can I send the
> patch on gcc-patches so that someone else will commit it for me ?

I suggest reading the introductory material in
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted/

That page will point you to the legal prerequisites for contributing.
Essentially, you need to assign your copyright to the FSF unless you
are working for an institution that already has an assignment in
place.

You will also get a description of the technical aspects of the
contributing process, how to format patches, coding conventions, etc.

Diego.